Research & Consulting
My research seeks to measure and quantify three related issues: (i) the welfare impact of the Internet on industries and markets transformed by its shared technology infrastructure, and (ii) the economic impact of crowdfunding and open innovation, and (iii) the business impact of digital marketing. I have consulted in various capacities for Apple, AMD, Berkeley Corporation, Dataxu, Facebook, Samsung, and 3TI China, and collaborated with Alibaba, China Mobile, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Recobell, and Travelocity amongst many otherleading Fortune 500 firms, in the US, Europe and Asia.
Anindya Ghose is a Professor of IT and a Professor of Marketing at New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business. He is the co-Director of the Center for Business Analytics at NYU Stern. He is the Robert L.& Dale Atkins Rosen Faculty Fellow and a Daniel P. Paduano Fellow of Business Ethics at NYU Stern. He has been a Visiting Associate Professor at the Wharton School of Business. He also serves as the Scientific Advisor to 3TI China. He was recently named by Business Week as one of the "Top 40 Professors Under 40 Worldwide" and by Analytics Week as one the "Top 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data and Business Analytics". His research has been recognized by 10 best paper awards and nominations. He has published more than 75 papers in premier scientific journals and peer reviewed conferences, and has given more than 200 talks internationally. His research has been profiled and he has been interviewed numerous times in the BBC, Bloomberg TV, New York Times, Financial Times, Forbes, NBC, Xinhua, Time, LA Times, Reuters, Washington Post, New York Daily, National Public Radio, Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, CNBC, China Daily, Knowledge@Wharton, and elsewhere.
Selected Recent Speaking Engagements
- Keynote Speech, Start-Up Grind, Shanghai, June 2014.
- Keynote Speech, Digital Innovation Conference, Milan, June 2014.
- Keynote Speech, Conference on Social & Business Analytics, University of Texas, Austin. March 2014.
- Keynote Speech, BTO Conference, Milan, December 2013.
- Keynote Speech, Future of Business, NYU, November 2013.
- Keynote Speech, Data Science and Big Data Initiative, Charlotte, October 2013.
- Plenary Speech, eBeverage Conference, Denver, October 2013.
- Plenary Speech, NYC Media Lab Research Summit, NYC, September 2013.
- Keynote Speech, Digital Summit, ISB, August 2013.
- Keynote Speech, NYU Stern Launch August 2013.
- Keynote Speech, E-Metrics Conference, Chicago, June 2013.
- Plenary Speech, The Economist Innovation Forum Conference, San Francisco, May 2013.
Selected Recent Awards and Honors
- 2014 Best Overall Conference Paper Award, American Marketing Association (AMA) Conference.
- 2014 Selected For Top 40 Under 40 Business School Professors by "Business Week".
- 2014 Selected For Top 200 Thought Leaders for Big Data and Business Analytics by "Analytics Week".
- 2013 Google Faculty Research Award.
- 2012 Best Theme Paper Award,International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS).
- 2012 SEI Center's Future of Advertising Program Grant.
- 2012 Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI) Grant.
- 2011 Google Faculty Research Award
- 2011 Best Paper Award Workshop on Health IT & Economics (WHITE), University of Maryland at College Park.
- 2011 Best Paper Award, International World Wide Web Conference.
- 2011 Selected to the 6th Biennial Marketing Science Institute Young Scholars Program.