Research & Consulting
My research seeks to measure and quantify three related issues: (i) the welfare impact of the Internet on industries and markets transformed by its shared technology infrastructure, and (ii) the economic impact of crowdfunding and open innovation, and (iii) the business impact of digital marketing. I have consulted in various capacities for Berkeley Corporation, CBS, Dataxu, DFS Group, Facebook, NBC Universal, OneVest, Samsung, Showtime, and 3TI World, and collaborated closely with Adobe, Alibaba, China Mobile, Google, IBM, Indiegogo, Microsoft, Recobell, and Travelocity amongst many otherleading Fortune 500 firms, in the US, Europe and Asia.
Anindya Ghose is a Professor of Information, Operations and Management Sciences and a Professor of Marketing at New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business. He is the co-Director of the Masters of Business Analytics Captone Program at NYU Stern. He is the NEC Faculty Fellow at NYU Stern and a Leonard Stern Faculty Scholar. He has been a Visiting Professor at the Wharton School of Business. In 2014, he was named by Poets & Quants as one of the Top 40 Professors Under 40 Worldwide and by Analytics Week as one the Top 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data and Business Analytics. He is the youngest receipient of the prestigious INFORMS ISS Distinguished Fellow Award. In 2017 he was recognized by Thinkers50 as one of the Top 30 Management Thinkers globally most likely to shape the future of how organizations are managed and led in the next generation. His rise from assistant to full professor in 8.5 years at NYU Stern is widely regarded as one of the fastest in the history of the entire MIS, Operations, and Marketing academic disciplines in business schools globally. He currently serves as a Scientific Expert with Cornerstone Research. He also serves as the Scientific Advisor to 3TI World and to OneVest.
Selected Recent Industry Speaking Engagements
- Keynote Speech, Philips Behavioral Analytics Summit, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, April 2016.
- Plenary Speech, PERSONALIZATIONPALOOZA, New York, February 2016.
- Plenary Speech, MSI Conference, February 2016.
- Keynote Speech, Social Media and Digital Marketing Forum, Bank of Khartoum, February 2016.
- Plenary Speech, Using New Media in Islamic Banking, International Forum on Islamic Finance, Khartoum, Sudan, February 2016.
- Keynote Speech, Business Alliance: IT & Marketing Analytics, Milan, November 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Digital Big Data, Smart Life & Mobile Marketing Analytics, New York, October 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Unleashing Data Summit: Innovations in Marketing, Research, Insights and Branding, New York, October 2015.
- Plenary Speech, MIXX Canada, Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada, Toronto, September 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Crowdfunding in the Digital Economy, NYU Stern MBA Class of 2017, New York, August 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Harvard Business Review, Latin America Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil, June 2015.
- Plenary Speech. Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Annual Meetings, Paris, June 2015.
Selected Recent Awards and Honors
- 2017 Thinkers50 Radar Award.
- 2016 National Science Foundation EAGER award.
- 2015 Best Paper in Management Information Systems Quarterly.
- 2015 Best Publication of the Association of Information Systems.
- 2015 Distinguished Fellow Award from the INFORMS IS Society.
- 2015 Adobe Faculty Research Award.
- 2014 Best Paper in Management Science IS department from the last 3 years (2011-2013).
- 2014 Best Paper in Information Systems Research.
- 2014 Best Overall Conference Paper Award, American Marketing Association (AMA) Conference.
- 2014 Selected For Top 40 Under 40 Business School Professors by "Business Week".
- 2014 Selected For Top 200 Thought Leaders for Big Data and Business Analytics by "Analytics Week".
- 2013 Google Faculty Research Award.