Research & Consulting
My research seeks to measure and quantify three related issues: (i) the welfare impact of the Internet on industries and markets transformed by its shared technology infrastructure, and (ii) the economic impact of crowdfunding and open innovation, and (iii) the business impact of digital marketing. I have consulted in various capacities for Berkeley Corporation, CBS, Dataxu, Facebook, NBC Universal, OneVest, Samsung, Showtime, and 3TI World, and collaborated closely with Adobe, Alibaba, China Mobile, Google, IBM, Indiegogo, Microsoft, Recobell, and Travelocity amongst many otherleading Fortune 500 firms, in the US, Europe and Asia.
Anindya Ghose is a Professor of Information, Operations and Management Sciences and a Professor of Marketing at New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business. He is the Director of the Center for Business Analytics at NYU Stern. He is the NEC Faculty Fellow at NYU Stern. He has been a Visiting Associate Professor at the Wharton School of Business. He also serves as main the Scientific Advisor to 3TI World and to OneVest. In 2014, he was named by Poets & Quants as one of the "Top 40 Professors Under 40 Worldwide" and by Analytics Week as one the "Top 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data and Business Analytics". His rise from assistant to full professor in 8.5 years at NYU Stern is widely regarded as one of the fastest in the history of the entire Information Systems and Marketing academic disciplines in business schools globally.
Selected Industry Speaking Engagements
- Keynote Speech, Digital Big Data, Smart Life, Mobile Marketing Analytics, October 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Unleashing Data Summit: Innovations in Marketing, Research, Insights and Branding, New York, October 2015.
- Plenary Speech, MIXX Canada, Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada, Toronto, September 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Harvard Business Review, Latin America Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil, June 2015.
- Plenary Speech. Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Annual Meetings, Paris, June 2015.
- Keynote Speech, Adobe Data Science Summit, San Jose, May 2015.
- Panelist, Big Data Summit, Toronto, February 2015.
- Keynote Speech, NYCE Day, New York, December 2014.
- Keynote Speech, Start-Up Grind, Shanghai, June 2014.
- Keynote Speech, Digital Innovation Conference, Milan, June 2014.
Selected Recent Awards and Honors
- 2015 Adobe Faculty Research Award.
- 2014 Best Paper in Management Science IS department from the last 3 years (2011-2013).
- 2014 Best Paper in Information Systems Research.
- 2014 Best Overall Conference Paper Award, American Marketing Association (AMA) Conference.
- 2014 Selected For Top 40 Under 40 Business School Professors by "Business Week".
- 2014 Selected For Top 200 Thought Leaders for Big Data and Business Analytics by "Analytics Week".
- 2013 Google Faculty Research Award.