My research interest is in the economics of IT. My research seeks to measure and quantify three related issues: (i) the welfare impact of the Internet on industries and markets transformed by its shared technology infrastructure, and (ii) the economic value of social media, and (iii) the business impact of digital and mobile marketing. This poses many deep and fascinating questions. This program of research is being funded by a NSF IGERT Award, a Google WPP Marketing Research Award, an NSF SFS Award, a NSF CAREER Award, a Microsoft Live Labs Award, a Microsoft Virtual Earth Award, NET Institute Awards, and several other awards.
Anindya Ghose is a Professor of Information, Operations and Management Sciences and a Professor of Marketing at New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business. He is the co-Director of the Center for Business Analytics at NYU Stern. He is the Robert L.& Dale Atkins Rosen Faculty Fellow and a Daniel P. Paduano Fellow of Business Ethics at NYU Stern. He has been a Visiting Associate Professor at the Wharton School of Business. He also serves as the main Scientific Advisor to 3TI . He was selected by Business Week as one of the "Top 40 Professors Under 40 Worldwide" and by Analytics Week as one the "Top 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data and Business Analytics". His research analyzes the economic consequences of internet and mobile technologies on industries and markets transformed by their shared infrastructure. His research has been profiled and he has been interviewed numerous times in the BBC, Bloomberg TV, New York Times, Financial Times, Forbes, NBC, Xinhua, Time, LA Times, Reuters, Washington Post, New York Daily, National Public Radio, Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, CNBC, China Daily, Knowledge@Wharton, and elsewhere.
Selected Recent Talks
- Keynote Speech, Data Science and Big Data Initiative, Charlotte, October 2013.
- Keynote Speech, Digital Summit, ISB, August 2013.
- Keynote Speech, E-Metrics Conference, Chicago, June 2013.
- Plenary Speech, The Economist Innovation Forum Conference, San Francisco, May 2013.
- Heinz School, CMU, April 2013.
- HBS Marketing, November 2012.
- LBS Marketing, May 2012.
- Wharton School, March 2012.
- UCLA Economics, November 2011.
- HBS Marketing, October 2011.
- MIT Sloan Marketing, May 2011.
- Columbia GSB Marketing, April 2011.
- MSI Young Scholar's Conference, January 2011.
- University of Maryland, College Park, October 2010.
Selected Recent Awards and Honors
- 2014 Selected For Top 40 Under 40 Business School Professors by Business Week.
- 2014 Selected For Top 200 Thought Leaders for Big Data and Business Analytics by Analytics Week.
- 2013 Google Faculty Research Award.
- 2012 Best Theme Paper Award,International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS).
- 2012 SEI Center's Future of Advertising Program Grant.
- 2012 Institute on Asian Consumer Insight (ACI) Grant.
- 2011 Google Faculty Research Award
- 2011 Best Paper Award Workshop on Health IT & Economics (WHITE), University of Maryland at College Park.
- 2011 Paduano Fellowship in Business Ethics at NYU Stern School of Business.
- 2011 Best Paper Award, International World Wide Web Conference.
- 2011 Selected to the 6th Biennial Marketing Science Institute Young Scholars Program.