Professor of Operations Management
Department of Information, Operations,
and Management Sciences
Stern School of Business
New York University
- Process Flexibility: A
Distribution-Free Bound on the Performance of K-Chain (with X. Wang),
Operations Research, submitted 2013.
Product Launches in the Presence of Strategic Consumers (with I. Lobel, J. Patel, G. Vulcano),
Management Science, under major revision, 2013.
Scheduling with Limited Distributional Information (with H.-Y. Mak and Y. Rong), Management
Science, accepted, 2013.
- Sequencing Appointments for
Service Systems Using Inventory Approximations (with H.-Y. Mak and Y. Rong), M&SOM,
- A Note on Appointment Scheduling with Piecewise Linear
Cost Function (with D. Ge, G. Wan, Z. Wang),
Mathematics of Operations Research, accepted, 2013.
- Advanced Decision Models, (MBA/Undergraduate Course), Syllabus
- Decision Models, (MBA/Undergraduate Course), Syllabus
- Submodularity and Its Applications
(PhD Course, also titled as Supply Chain Optimization) Syllabus
- Convex Optimization, (PhD Course) Syllabus
- Methodologies: Mathematical Programming, Combinatorial
Optimization, Optimization under Uncertainty
- Applications: Supply Chain Optimization, Health Care
Operations, Process Flexibility, etc.
- NSF Grant (PI): "Collaborative Research:
Optimization Approach to Collaborative Games in Supply Chain Management",
- NSF Grant (Co-PI): "Collaborative Proposal: A
Framework For Integrating Production Scheduling With Inventory Control"
(with Michael Pinedo), 2006-2009.
Optimization Prize for Young Researchers, October 2004.
- Associate Editor: Mathematics of Operations Research,
2009 - present.
- Associate Editor: Operations Research, 2006 - present.
- Committee Member, George E. Nicholson Student Paper
Competition, 2007, 2008.
- Referee: Management Science, MSOM, Mathematical
Programming, Operations Research, SIAM Journal on Computing, SIAM Journal
on Optimization, etc.
Mailing Address: 44 West 4th St., Suite 8-66, New York, NY, 10012-1126
jzhang (at) stern.nyu.edu