Professor of Operations Management
Department of Information, Operations,
and Management Sciences
Stern School of Business
New York University
- Sequencing Surgeries for Operating Rooms Using
Inventory Approximations (with H.-Y. Mak and Y. Rong), under revision, 2011.
- Appointment Scheduling with Limited Distributional
Information (with H.-Y. Mak and Y. Rong), submitted, 2012.
- A Note on Appointment Scheduling with Piecewise Linear
Cost Function (with D. Ge, G. Wan, Z. Wang),
- Advanced Decision Models, (MBA/Undergraduate Course), Syllabus
- Decision Models, (MBA/Undergraduate Course), Syllabus
- Supply Chain Optimization, (PhD Course) Syllabus
- Convex Optimization, (PhD Course) Syllabus
- Methodologies: Mathematical Programming, Combinatorial
Optimization, Optimization under Uncertainty
- Applications: Supply Chain Optimization, Health Care
- NSF Grant (PI): "Collaborative Research:
Optimization Approach to Collaborative Games in Supply Chain Management",
- NSF Grant (Co-PI): "Collaborative Proposal: A
Framework For Integrating Production Scheduling With Inventory Control"
(with Michael Pinedo), 2006-2009.
Optimization Prize for Young Researchers, October 2004.
- Associate Editor: Mathematics of Operations Research,
2009 - present.
- Associate Editor: Operations Research, 2006 - present.
- Committee Member, George E.
Nicholson Student Paper Competition, 2007, 2008.
- Referee: Management Science, MSOM, Mathematical
Programming, Operations Research, SIAM Journal on Computing, SIAM Journal
on Optimization, etc.
Mailing Address: 44 West 4th St., Suite 8-66, New York, NY, 10012-1126
jzhang (at) stern.nyu.edu