|St. George Kryonerites|
The monastery was destroyed by the Turks in 1572, when its elegant dome collapsed. It was replaced later by a hemispherical roof which was internally covered by a pyramidal roof. Most probably this roofing was constructed during the construction in 1864. This is confirmed by a stone engravement located on the western outer side of the monument.
Of great importance are the two icons decorating the temple as it is today. One of them depicts the Virgin Mary holding the Jesus under the name "Pantanoussa" (1694) and the other one depicts Christ Pantocrator under the sign "Δέησις του δούλου του Θεού Ακακύου μοναχού".