PrinciplesThe Quantitative Finance Society is a trading, portfolio and financial analysis club at NYU. Started in 2006, the club aims to educate students about trading, the markets, portfolio management, and the macroeconomy.
- Value Equity: fundamental, bottom-up long-only equity
- Global Macro: follows macro opportunities across equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, and derivatives
- Derivatives: volatility arbitrage and statistical arbitrage
- Asset Allocation: portfolio theory, diversification and allocation across equities, fixed income, FX, commodities
- Multi-Strategy: a bit of everything
- Technicals & Algo: technical analysis, momentum and swing trading, algorithms
- Derivatives (Futures, Options)
- Asset Classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities)
- Trading Strategies
- Portfolio Theory
- Fundamental Analysis
- Technical Analysis & Algorithmic Trading
- Gambling Strategies
Events for this semester:
- Trading Competitions
- Alumni Mingles
- Guest Speakers
- Your time is valuable. Meetings are limited to one hour and are held weekly. Each meeting is an essential piece of trading and market knowledge.
- Simple, methodical explanations. The QFS is committed to making sure you understand each seminar and prepare you for lectures given around the community.
- Questions are always welcome and our group meetings all run in the workshop-style (except for guest speakers) so we are always learning.
- The web site will store all of the meeting content.
- The respective chairs will be available by email to answer any questions or direct you to appropriate sources for information.